Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Essays' started by muhowhow, Feb 15, 2011.

muhowhow New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What does one do when their world starts crashing? Those big rocky walls that have been building up around you all this time certainly don't look all that innocent anymore. The only piece of blue sky left is that which is barely the size of a small moon in the sky, up above you. The earth starts to quake and the rock starts breaking off. This is the point of decision. Do you accept your fate like a mortal? Or do you become more than that, and fight back to earn your freedom once again? I certainly will fight back. The evil which has begun this is something not of seperate nature from yourself, and you cannot see it lest you accept where you are as a product of your own.

If you finally release your chained soul and accept that we aren't perfect, you'll see it, floating there above your only escape. I see him sometimes, and by now he has learned to fear me, instead of the reverse. I dawn the blade and sprout my wings, heading valiantly straight for it. When that blade strikes its belly, freeing myself from its grasp. I can only sit upon new ground and mourn about those I had to leave behind to get here. Something in me kept saying "save yourself, thus saving them" but where is that savior? It is barried under rock, along with the people who were going to be saved. I realize then that saving myself was in fact saving them only if they had enough time to realize their mistakes due to my flight. They were burried only barely being able to realize their faults. This is the crushing apathy that makes me more, because I have some drive to stay alive. I will never stand to be burried with someone because of their mistakes. Just as I would be burried by hanging around someone, I one day hope people who hang around me can sprout blades and wings or their own, to fight their own battles like I did. The people who deserved to be burried were burried along with one more who didn't. They drug the person down with them because the person had no way of flight due to dependancy.

I don't want this to happen, and I realized this soon enough. Soon I will take flight and hope that they will take flight as well.

Posted By muhowhow | Feb 15, 2011

Azekiel-Horizon New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whats good my fellow poet? Another really good piece, I was truly feeling this piece it had a great message behind it and the way you worded things was absolute perfect. Alot of lines stood out to me but these stood out the most

You really spoke some truth in those lines and use some great imagery. Overall another nice piece of work. Continue to drop these gems
  1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Metaphysical flight = makes for an interesting times right.
    Introspective type read. Thanks for the share.

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Feb 22, 2011

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?