Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Creative Traditional' started by Altree94, Dec 17, 2006.

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tara - who passed on only a couple of months ago.

Acrostic -The first letter of each line spells out a word relating to the poem when read downward.
    Double Acrostic - The first and last letters of each line spells out 2 or more words when read downward.

TARA

Returns all affection and loves to naP
    Often playful, though now much oldeR
    Takes my sleeve to say, hey lets gO
    Takes my chocolate, i think, buT
    Wether it was her, i can't be surE
    Every single visitor makes her maniC
    If they don't pet her, she will pouT
    Let a stranger anywhere near, and I
    Expect obedience but i'm indebted tO
    Rottweiler protectioN

Attached Files:

Posted By Altree94 | Dec 17, 2006

1. twinklewriter Guest

Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awe...Sweet write for your Doggie, it is sad when they leave...Hugs, Twinks

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY, Twinks!
    Wow - you are fast! I only just now got this posted! LOL!
    BTW - Tara was not the lush that this picture implies!

Posted By Altree94 | Dec 17, 2006
  2. twinklewriter Guest

Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey Tree, just call me Quick Draw Mcgraw...understand the bottles, clever idea, I'd drink the bottle and not share it either...lol...cute pic of your baby...he's in Doggie Heaven now...Hugs, Twinks
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Aw ---- TARA the Protector of Lushery LOL - Very beautiful dedication to your deceased friend MS TREE - The double acrostic kinda describes me LOL - I was like - OMG TREE talkin' about me again.... Then I saw the pics LOL

Great write - Thanx for sharing it with us ;)

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Dec 18, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MsJ!!!! :lol:
    I think this could be descriptive of a lot of us here! LOL!!

:roflgif:

Posted By Altree94 | Dec 20, 2006

Benny New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Mde me smile, thinking of my own pet...so thankful for their presence in our home. Thank you, Tree...for reminding me why I love my dog so...grin.

Posted By Benny | Dec 27, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL! Yep - whenever I needed a drinking buddy, she was right by my side! Come to think of it, even when I didn't, she was still right by my side! I still miss her. :dog:

Posted By Altree94 | Dec 30, 2006

Jeez Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Enjoyed the verse
    and feelings that go
    along with this sort
    of write.

And the great way
    you wrote it to spell
    out:

""Rottweiler protectioN""

now that's talent.

Thanks for the read.

Posted By Jeez | Dec 31, 2006

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank-you Jen! Glad you liked it and I appreciate that you took the time to tell me so! She was very protective and I wish I had her a few years earlier when my house was broken into!

Posted By Altree94 | Jan 1, 2007
  4. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Dear Tree: I was looking for you and your poem. You see, I found this wonderful Poem and a great Tribute to Tara, your loyal dog. I tell you the TRUTH!! Just by reading the words of your poem and looking at Tara´s face, I am crying a storm of tears. I am too sensitive when it comes to ANIMALS. I can understand the way you feel, sweet Tree. I have also lost some of my best animals´friends: 4 of my best cats. Their names were Daisy, Blueberry, Harvey and Adolph. They were all family. Daisy was the mother. Great Job, dear Tree!! Talk to you soon. Send you all my loving. I´ll be PRAYING FOR TARA. She is in Heaven now. Hugs. Stardust.

Posted By stardust | Jan 2, 2007

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY Starry! I can see that Yes, you DO understand. Tara was BIG and protective but she was my baby, as are all of my pets.

Posted By Altree94 | Jan 3, 2007
  5. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Dear sweet Tree: Yes!!...I can see that you have a compassionate and warm heart for Animals. Your Avatar clearly shows how much you love and care for Mother Nature (our common home, the planet Earth), Wildlife and companion animals. I think, the woman is holding a wolf and a howl is flying over a tree, maybe, I am wrong. I don´t see too well in closed range. My eye-sight is poor. I am far sighted. I use glasses for reading or short distances or close-ups. It had not been like this, when I was younger. It all came along with old age. You see, your TARA looked just like XENA, my daughter´s Rottweiller female dog, who passed away not too long ago, the day after Thanksgiving. XENA had Epylepsy Syndrome and Sudden Convulsions. She was not able to control herself anylonger. However, my daughter did not put XENA to sleep, and XENA had a horrible slow death in the garage, where my daughter had left her, because of her continuous howling and shouting from the severe pain that XENA was undergoing. XENA died in my daughter´s arms, after so many hours of suffering a great deal of pain. You already know that I live in the foot of South America, and there is nothing that I could do about it. However, when my daughter told me about XENA STORY, I went into a rage with her, because that Issue constitutes CRUELTY TO ANIMALS. There is a Law in the USA for Protection to Animals. The Organization is called the A.S.P.C.A.: "American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals". I personally felt like calling them, and let them know what was going on in my daughter´s home with her dog, XENA. But, I could not do that, since I am in South America, and there is nothing that I can do, while I remain abroad. It would be a different story after I return back to the States, hopefully, in the near future or in 2007. My daughter could not stand XENA´S screaming, because XENA was dying. So, my daughter just solved her problem by putting XENA in the garage, so that she would not hear XENA screaming. Anyway, my daughter was by her side, when XENA PASSED AWAY. It took me by surprise, because I was planning in going to New York and see my daughter, my 2 grandchildren, and XENA, my good old friend dog. She used to play ball with me and sleep with me in the basement, when I visited my daughter in New York, the last time in the year 2000. I haven´t seen my own family for the last 7 years. You see, dear Tree, that is a LONG TIME...So, I can understand how you feel. I am SAD too!!...Hugs. Stardust.:bye:

Posted By stardust | Jan 3, 2007

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Starry! That is just horrible! WHY did she let Xena suffer so?!! I know it is expensive to have an animal put down, but if you can't afford to care for a pet properly, then you should NOT be allowed to have one! My Tara died quietly in her sleep while I held her. I phoned my husband who was 200 miles away - he had gone to visit his daughter and had just arrived there. When I called him though, he immediately turned around and came home. Together we buried her in our back yard. (I have nearly 100 acres of backyard). It is comforting to think of her in a doggy heaven. TY for your reply, my friend.

Posted By Altree94 | Jan 3, 2007
  6. Angelic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    My dear sweet Tree: Yes!! I certainly agree with you, Tree!! I believe that, if one cannot take proper care of an animal, one should never have animals. My daughter and her husband don´t have a good history for taking good care of animals. Xena, the female Rottweiller, was the second one to die. Scruffy, the female Lavander Labrador was the first one to die. Scruffy was put to sleep, at least, by my daughter´s husband. Xena was only 9 years old. Scruffy was 13 years old. Unfortunately, they spent all their dogs´lives in the backyard by themselves, in the cold winter of New York, with only one meal a day and just little water to drink. They were starved, and skin and bones. At times, Scruffy was chained during the day. They barked, cried and suffered a great deal, both of them. I did not live with them. I only spent a few days with them. That was the time, when I saw the cruelty performed on both dogs. I tried to give them food, because they both were starving and asked for food. But, my daughter´s husband kicked me out of his house. He said: "They are my dogs, and leave them alone. I feed them, not you." This fellow was too rude with me, and I was just trying to help. I still fed them, when he would not see me. The dogs were happy to see me. I stayed in their basement. I wanted to stay for one month, but I could only put up with just a few days, because of the cruelty to the 2 dogs. Xena and Scruffy were skin and bones, especially the Rottweiller (Xena). Xena should have been well fed for her breed. They need good food twice a day, at least, plus plenty of water and shelter, not only in the cold, but also in the heat. They were outside all the time. How sad!! Xena played ball with me, while I was there and kept me company in the basement. Xena waved her tail at me, because I was the only one who gave her love and attention. She was my friend, like Scruffy. Scruffy was also a different story. She lived in my daughter´s parents- in- law house. She had behavioural problems, due to severe and constant mistreatment during all her sad life. They adopted them when they were just puppies. However, they were unlucky dogs. They were adopted by the wrong people. They were never loved, nor well treated. I feel SO SAD NOW!! I SHALL NEVER SEE "XENA" AGAIN. I was hoping to go to New York, and play with Xena again...My daughter and her husband have bought 2 puppies again, another Rottweiller and a Yorkie, perhaps, too bad for those new dogs. Well, I am so sorry to tell you all these sad stories, dear Tree...Send you all my loving. Hugs and Love Always, from Starry. ( I love animals!! I am glad that you have space and lots of love for your animals!! This is the way it should be.):boohoo: :boohoo:

Posted By stardust | Jan 3, 2007
  7. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Really cool, Ms. Tree! I haven't seen a double acrostic before...my something new to learn today! Thanks. Sorry you had to lose her. She looked like an great protector.

Nomad

Sartor JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The loss of a pet, especially a dog, is like the loss of a family member. Only the dog gives absolute love and devotion. Thank you for sharing your tribute to your drinking buddy.

Posted By Sartor | Jan 4, 2007

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY, Therese and Sartor!
    Your comments and your sympathies are both very much appreciated. She really was a wonderful protector and companion. I will be missing her for a long time to come.

Posted By Altree94 | Jan 5, 2007

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?