Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Artworks' started by Altree94, Nov 7, 2007.

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I tried to draw a picture
    of what was in my mind
    but what appeared upon the page
    shows no sense that I can find!

[edited to include Published Graphic]

Attached Files:

Posted By Altree94 | Nov 7, 2007

Aumakua Misunderstood

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow... it's so abstract, I love it!!! Chu is a really good artist ^.^

Posted By Aumakua | Nov 7, 2007

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Tree that is just amazing, pursue art trust me

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hiiiiiiiiii treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missed you like hell. i don't know how you cant make sense of this, except that sometimes having done the piece. Art like this isnt meant to make cut and dried sense. i could spend an hour on this with just what little i know of you. i could spend another 3 hours telling you what i see. i'm very very picky about art i own. this would look great in my house. in the tiny bit of art that i've done (if you want to call it that), i discovered that art doesnt come from the heart or head...it comes from the place in between that they meet to talk about life, laugh together and cry together. the conversation that goes on there is the only place logic and creativity are at peace. try looking at just a portion of the painting and think about why it was painted and what you were feeling at the time. look at the geometric parts of it and then at the tree portion. if you notice the colors are more brilliant the closer you get to halfway between the two. the tree scene is very distinct, separate, but as if it was feeding and nourishing the rest of the piece, just as you are. your love for nature and peace underlies the organization of your life. without it the piece would be just another pretty geometric puzzle. but like in nature the message from the heart gives it life. likewise, the geometric part accentuates the nature in you because it gives the trees in the piece presence. when you look at the piece your eyes are immediately drawn to the trees, from there eyes would drift to the intricacies of the designs. somewhere in the middle an observer would find the place where the heart and mind meet to talk.

but, like i said, some things you don't try to figure out. the work will explain itself to whomever looks at in and language that means something to them. in reality, you didnt paint the piece for you...you painted to tell someone else about you. looking at it, its a carbon copy of you...you just can't see it...and you're not supposed to necessarily...they are. you don't speak for the piece...the piece speaks for you...the words and sentiments that you otherwise might not be able to express. thats part of what makes it a good piece of art. the other thing i love about it is the placement of the tree scene in it. ordinarily this would follow the fules of painting in geometrics, but the trees throw in a whole different element and you are forced to see them together. and if you look long enough, you get to walk into the place that Tree's heart and mind meet. from there its a journey for the observer. i write poetry and lyrics this way sometimes and it doesnt dawn on my til years later sometimes what it meant.

anyway, i'll shut up now, except for the fact i would love this piece hanging on my wall. like i said, i'm very picky about artwork, but this is a piece that passes with flying colors. a person could stare at it trying to figure why you did it and what it meant and ends up walking away with a little more insight to themselves. in my opnion, the piece is about passing on wisdom, to become everything you were designed to be in brilliant living color, but never forgetting your roots and where you came from, for that is the basis for all your success.

zaac

Posted By zaac | Nov 8, 2007
  1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    :wow: TREE!!! Where were you keeping your talents hidden? I could stare at this for hours and days and still find new hidden meanings as if looking at something totally new. zaac has pretty much said it all...but this blew me away!...oh, and I love the poem too...hehe! I think that most of us have that perspective...confusion at the inner core, although we have gotten used to the rationalization and fool ourselves into thinking we make sense.

Nomad
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Dear Tree!!!!! Hey Sis...miss you!!!! Though it all has been said...the poem says it all also. This is an amazing piece that shows us a window into your soul...and makes perfect sense. Love it Tree!!!!

PD :wub:
  3. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    A cathedral in tones of wooden structure, natural to the core like nakedness
    So inviting, the sun warm, the water crisp, playful laughter abounds in this piece
    Looking beneath the exterior into the interior of the hearts secret places
    Lies a maze of colour as intricately delicate as pigmy orchids bathed in rose petal
    and hyacinth; Yes that I may know such a delicate heart structured like the greatest
    of redwoods.

TREE = :wow: --- Just a bit of a spontaneous write for your amazing artwork.
    Just wow - I couldn't begin to explain what the piece means and how delicate the structure without having to digress INTO poesy. Amazing amazing drawing - Very nice!

Thanx for sharing!

JAcquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Nov 12, 2007
  4. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Nov 12, 2007

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY Everyone!

Riha: Chu is too kind!
    Erik: I DO trust you - you haven't steered me wrong yet, but I think this time you are barking up the wrong tree! LOL!

Zaac: WOW - I didn't realize that I had given away so much of myself in this. I know I had fun doing it and I was exhausted when it was done! May be a while before I attempt another! Anyway, it sure feels good to be back posting something here!

Nomad: Glad you like it! Hidden talents - yep, even hidden from me! LOL!

PD: uh oh. Hi Sis! I was kind of hoping a REAL artist wouldn't see this! LOL! Window to my soul? Now THAT'S really scaring me!

MsJ: Love that Ekphrasic Poem! That is a real honour and to have inspired you to write it - That's a real compliment! THANK YOU!

OHHHHH it is soooooooo wonderful to be back!!!!!!!!
    Especially coming back to comments like these!!

:yay:

Posted By Altree94 | Nov 13, 2007

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OMG SOOO COOOOOOOL
    lol.
    so I haven't been on much.....
    but I LOVED THIS......
    so abstract, yet so much in it!
    Bravo! :]
    --------------------------
    --------------------------
    Oh yeah, by the way, what medium did you use? :]

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Little Blue Mango Yo-yo Puppy!
    Medium???? What's Medium?
    I've been a LARGE for so long I don't know what MEDIUM is anymore!
    OH! You're talking the jargon of real artists!!!! LOL!
    I just used Serenity's magic markers!
    Glad you liked my picture and TY for commenting!
    - Tree.

Posted By Altree94 | Nov 17, 2007
  5. Angelic

stardust JPiC Contributor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Oh, sweet dear friend, Tree!!
    Your painting is a real work of art, Tree. There have been said so many great things already in the previous comments from the JPiC Poets. The image is so inviting, an open window of the heart!! To my point of view, it looks like a City seeing from up in the sky. I am so happy to see you again around here!! You are so much missed by all your friends. Please, come back more often!! Will you do it, sweetheart!! You´ve got the talents, not only as a Poetess, but as an Artist as well. Thank you, sweet Tree for sharing your amazing talents with us!! Send you my warm regards and my caring thoughts on your way, Tree.
    Fondly, Starry.:word_hello::thankyou::thankyou:

Posted By stardust | Nov 19, 2007

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    TY Starry!
    Sure wish I COULD be around here more often but you know what it is like taking care of an elderly person! No time for anything! Ah well, I know I will cherish these days later. Take care, my friend - I will write soon!

Posted By Altree94 | Dec 4, 2007

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL
    medium xD
    yes mmhmm.
    I NEED to go get myself some magic markers! :]
  6. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Published on GreetingsGalleryOnline.com at the suggestion of Altree94 = :yay:
    Tree I thank you again for inspiring my poem Jacquii's Perspective.
    It was fun to write and thanx for the suggestion to included it in the GGO Poetic Showcase!

Jacquii.

[IMG]
  7. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    A timeless kaleidescope of layer's of two souls intertwining and making pure beauty!

Kim :wub:
  8. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Thanx KIM ;)

Jacquii.

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?