Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

AmazonPoet New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good day all.

Seems my first attempt at introducing myself never got posted. I must have "X"ed the window before hitting Submit New Thread. Sorry! Try this again shall we?

I am AmazonPoet, known in the nonline world as Karen Godson. I am (almost) 42, living in Toronto, Ontario with my two poodles and various transient foster animals. I am a professional dog trainer/groomer and I run a private Poodle Rescue from my home. Work takes up way too much of my time but when I do have a moment to breathe and when the dogs are settled, I write.

When I was about twelve years old I really started to take my writing seriously. As I and my writing matured I decided I wanted to go to University to study Journalism. I knew I wanted to do something that left a mark; that left my name in history somewhere. I began submitting poems and short articles/columns to my school newsletter, regional poetry contests and some odd publications like the Humane Society's monthly mag and the Physicians Journal. I got a rush from seeing my name in a book's Table of Contents. By my early thirties I felt like I was finally on the high road to making a successful career of writing.Then something happened that made me suddenly want to be published not so I could be famous, but so I could be HEARD. Almost 10 years ago, life threw a very large bump in my road. Or should I say lump...

Since my battle :boxing: (I won!) with breast cancer in 1997 I am more aware than ever of our limited time in these bodies and on this planet. I have an intense sense of responsibility towards my global neighbours, to do everything I can to improve the lives of others. Whether the tool is my voice or my pen, I am determined that Peace, Tolerance, Compassion and Love be heard above all else.

Over these years my work has become more ballsy and as a result more controversial. My disgust with society's overindulgence, with illegal wars and with the complete disregard for our planet is now quite present in my work. I continue to submit poems and forge ahead where I will take my turn on the soap box. LOL No doubt I'll be assasinated for pissing someone off!

But hey, if I don't stand up and speak, how can I expect to make a difference? I can't. So I write letters to my Member of Parliament asking for 100% debt cancellation for the poorest countries, and I write poetry. I write because the world is full of good and beauty and life. If someone is able to see or feel what I did while writing a poem then it has done its job and I, mine.

I look forward to meeting you all and reading your work. Peace!
    AmazonPoet

Posted By AmazonPoet | Aug 30, 2006

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    I just knew when I saw your site that you'd fit well with the JPiC Community! Welcome AMAZON - Welcome to the Nuthouse of Literary Fiends :p

What a fabulous introduction! Now I'm really interested in reading your poetry. But I must say what really enticed me to send the invite: Your battle with cancer... I drempt about seeing my Auntie Gail last night... She's my favorite Aunt (shhhh - don't tell anyone lol) But she passed after her battle with Breast Cancer: such a horrible beast... I read your story and I thought hey - I bet this girl has some powerful stuff to share with the Community! = Seems I'm correct :)

So anyway - Have fun posting in the forums and once again Welcome to JPiC!

Jacquii.

[IMG]

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Aug 31, 2006
  2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    :sign_welcome:AmazonPoet to the JPiC Community for Writers!!! Wow, what an introduction!!!! Yes, BC is such a horrid beast! My cousin lost both breasts to it, and is also a survivor! You have power, strength, and compassion. Brought tears to my eyes just reading your intro, I am so excited to have you here, and cannot wait to share in your poetry world. Take care. Nice to read ya!!!!!

Painted Diary aka Kim

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.