Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

Discussion in 'Movies & Film' started by thoma, Jul 4, 2006.

1. thoma Guest

Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Has anybody seen walk the line?

Tagline: Love is a burning thing.

Plot Outline: A chronicle of country music legend Johnny Cash's life, from his early days on an Arkansas cotton farm to his rise to fame with Sun Records in Memphis, where he recorded alongside Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins.

I absolutely loved it. More my dad's music than mine (I was born in 1960-am a rock-n-roller), but tapped my feet the whole way thru. It is funny, I grew up with certain songs of Johnny Cash, and heard about the legend of the "man in black" for as long as I remember, but this movie adds a whole new dimension to the man, his music. I think it's great maybe a whole new generation might come to enjoy his contributions too.

J.Phoenix and R. Witherspoon were phenomenal and made this film a joy to watch. I have not enjoyed any movie so much in a long time. Judging by the applause and the grins on the movie goers faces on the way out-I was not alone in my whole-hearted enthusiasm for the movie.

Gonna order me a J.Cash CD! I thought it was great. Two thumbs up! :D

Posted By thoma | Jul 4, 2006

2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hi THOMA - I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard great reviews about it! I've actually been watching A LOT of movies lately right on my PC - so I may just put Walk The Line in queue line ;)

Thanx for the info.

Jacquii.

<iframe src="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?t=jpicforumforw-20&o=1&p=8&l=as1&asins=B000E8QVWY&fc1=000000&IS2=1&lt1=_blank&lc1=0000ff&bc1=000000&bg1=ffffff&f=ifr" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 4, 2006

Jordan New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I loved the movie! My father loved J. Cash and we actually played his music at his funeral. Excellent movie!

Posted By Jordan | Jul 16, 2006

deep_poet86 Endless Rewind

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I love Johnny Cash, ussually I am iffy with these types of films. But I must say the cast they chose and the movie itself turned out to be great

mirabai New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i liked the movie too

though i wish it had gone a little deeper into his childhood=)

Posted By mirabai | Jun 22, 2007

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I loved Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. I was born listening to Country music and still love the oldies but goodies.

I saw "Walking The Line" five times and would watch another five times if I could. Johnny Cash was indeed a legend. The cream of the crop so to speak.

And when his wife died, his love for her was so deep he followed her three months later.
    He will always be remembered.

Blessings

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hmm. i really want to watch this.....
    someone have it that I can borrow? ;D

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?