Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

[MEDIA]http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_entertainment/strike_signs/strike_signs.swf[/MEDIA]

Drama Drama Drama - The WGA - Writers Guild of America --- union that represents writers in the motion picture, broadcast, cable, and new media industries in both entertainment and news --- has been on strike for the past couple months... I know I'm a bit late in posting this topic - and a bit surprised that noone else has posted - So........ Better late than never - What are your opinions on the WGA strike?

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jan 4, 2008

2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Of course my opinion is that the writers who've written material for television shows & movies.... THEY ARE the show basically - without the writers - there'd be no material to showcase...

At anyrate - I don't know much about the topic other than there's been a lot of mention about the Late night shows like David Letterman and Jay Leno, etc.... Apparently the WGA have been picketing the major networks - and there's some growing concern about "boycotting" the Oscars ((gasp)) --- But I think the important thing is shown in the clip as seen above... When the group chants: Actors, Writers - We're All In This Together... --- Seems some mutual respect can be given considering the material is generated by um..... Writers. LOL

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jan 4, 2008

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I Think they are right in wanting more...
    stupid big businesses.

dangit.

but my shows are hurting :blank:

I love bones, and because of this strike, it'll probably be gone forever. *cries*

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?