Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

ArrowWords New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My fountain pen in hand to press the page,
    a tree for thoughts with sap in burly case
    to flow its heart for others to engage,
    a maple stem for words in ink to trace.

Its root a nib to fill its dark blue vein,
    in polished branch alive by fingers’ clutch,
    with dripping cut by which it bleeds and stains
    upon the paper it pumps my pulsing touch.

Perhaps its pensive pace is waste of time,
    a time of cyber signs so quick to say
    by rapid speed and easy spilling lines,
    rejecting paper, pen and slower ways.

Yet this pen by inky marks my soul contains,
    and yearns to pour itself with love again.

Posted By ArrowWords | Mar 29, 2011

jakeminick McGonagall's Ghost

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    cool last lines. i think great choice of wording throughout. although, the flow is terrible in the first two segments to me but, i obsess with flow to the point of sacrificing purity sometimes. only after wards i saw the age and thought well, maybe you've grown out of "predictable flow" into more of a natural spilling. like you're poem seems to state...a natural flow of pen to paper, rather then the concise timing of type(i guess). i have grown to typing my poems and, find that sometimes nothing beats the purity of marking on something tangible. overall, obviously you've made me think so, great spill of expression.

Posted By jakeminick | Apr 3, 2011

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    this is a nice piece. i like it when someone takes an inanimate thing and gives it life. only thing that threw me was the rhyming from the first stanza not being consistent with the other stanzas. you moved from rhyming every line to every other line. was kinda like popping the clutch reading. but its good stuff.

z

Posted By zaac | Apr 13, 2011
  1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Nice write! A lovely sonnet, this write is really quite sensual. It's as if I've witnessed a copulation of sorts even, something that should be private, this love affair we have with our muse, with our pen on paper, the nib: ink flowing. But oh, isn't it wonderful, when we as voyeurs of poetic rendezvous are shown a menage a poesy! :girllove:

Thanks for the share Don and welcome to JPiC - Do feel free to introduce yourself via the Member Introductions forum.

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 15, 2011

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?