Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0

Well mine is quite simple: I'm Jacquii Cooke and I'm a Ms. :)
    What about yours? - I've seen some really interesting nicknames on here...

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 15, 2006

2. Artistic

PaintedDiary JPiC Mentor

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I am a Scientist, Science teacher, Mentor, Guest Professor, Artist, Writer, Poet, and Pianist. So when I get a chance to write and do my artwork, it is a very tranquil, and serene experience for me. My "get away", if you will.

The "Diary" part comes from listening to people tell me their experiences and stories. My own experiences as well. Or watching people, life, nature, etc. I write things in my "Diary", then compose. Then, I like to do a painting, or drawing, or stained-glass piece to compliment the poem or story.

One day, I took my niece (14 yrs old now, but 8 yrs old at the time) to the park. I took out my oil pastels, my easel, and began to paint. My niece was reading my diary (I had written the word "Diary" on the front of it) , we had lunch, got on the swings and such. I dropped her off at my sister's home, and when I got home, I noticed something. My niece had written the word "Painted", over top of the word "Diary". I called her, and asked her, why did she do that, and she said, "Because you paint peoples diaries, and I think that is beautiful." That brought tears to my eyes. Hence, the name "Painted Diary".

FaShaBaby Rhapsodist Pinay

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's such a cool story, painted. Kids are something else, huh?

Posted By FaShaBaby | Jul 15, 2006

Jordan New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, mine is very simple. It is my first name. Not sure how or why I started using it as I had other aliases...... hmm..

Posted By Jordan | Jul 18, 2006
  3. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    What about yours MS FASHA???? I know the story - I think others want to know also -----> you know the thing about "enquiring minds..." :p

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 18, 2006

KingAce JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My name KingAce is a nickname, It was originally Ace, which is a nickname that my friends gave me...Then the King part is interesting because my older brother used to have the nickname King green(Green is my last name) and I used to be prince green but I figured how can a King and prince be brothers and I can't use the same name as him so I put King in front of ace...plus nobody had this sn so yeah thas about it

Posted By KingAce | Jul 25, 2006
  4. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    haha - VERY NICE!
    royalty resides in your family line eh?
    AWESOME - mine too -----> Nice one KING!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Jul 27, 2006

psilocybin New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I liked the name, fits me. Here's what it means:

What is psilocybin?

Psilocybin is a hallucinogenic substance obtained from certain types of mushrooms that are indigenous to tropical and subtropical regions of South America, Mexico, and the United States. These mushrooms typically contain 0. 2 to 0.4 percent psilocybin and a trace amount of psilocyn, another hallucinogenic substance. Both psilocybin and psilocyn can be produced synthetically, but law enforcement reporting currently does not indicate that this is occurring.

What does psilocybin look like?

Mushrooms containing psilocybin are available fresh or dried and have long, slender stems topped by caps with dark gills on the underside. Fresh mushrooms have white or whitish- gray stems; the caps are dark brown around the edges and light brown or white in the center. Dried mushrooms are generally rusty brown with isolated areas of off-white.

How is psilocybin abused?

Psilocybin mushrooms are ingested orally. They may be brewed as a tea or added to other foods to mask their bitter flavor. Some users coat the mushrooms with chocolate--this both masks the flavor and disguises the mushrooms as candy. Once the mushrooms are ingested, the body breaks down the psilocybin to produce psilocyn.

Who abuses psilocybin?

Psilocybin mushrooms are popular at raves, clubs and, increasingly, on college campuses and generally are abused by teenagers and young adults. It is difficult to gauge the extent of psilocybin use in the United States because most data sources that quantify drug use exclude psilocybin. The Monitoring the Future Survey, conducted by the University of Michigan, does reveal that 9.2 percent of high school seniors in the United States used hallucinogens other than LSD--a category that includes psilocybin--at least once in their lifetime. Two percent of high school seniors used hallucinogens other than LSD in the past month.

What are the risks?

Use of psilocybin is associated with negative physical and psychological consequences. The physical effects, which appear within 20 minutes of ingestion and last approximately 6 hours, include nausea, vomiting, muscle weakness, drowsiness, and lack of coordination. While there is no evidence that users may become physically dependent on psilocybin, tolerance for the drug does develop when it is ingested continuously over a short period of time.

The psychological consequences of psilocybin use include hallucinations and an inability to discern fantasy from reality. Panic reactions and psychosis also may occur, particularly if a user ingests a large dose.

In addition to the risks associated with ingestion of psilocybin, individuals who seek to abuse psilocybin mushrooms also risk poisoning if one of the many varieties of poisonous mushrooms is incorrectly identified as a psilocybin mushroom.

So there, you got some drug information as well as what my name means, I don't condone taking mushrooms, even though it is fun. :russian_ru:

Posted By psilocybin | Aug 13, 2006

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    may I top you all on a level of boringness you've neever seen mine is my whole name lol

d2vid ********* AddicT

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Real name = Dawid

Dawid => David => D@VID => d2vid

Simple, i was lazy and stop using Shift button xD

Posted By d2vid | Aug 13, 2006

erikestabrook JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    lol how complex i thought about how you made your name like that for 20 days lol you really cleared that up what an epiphany being sarcastic lol

Altree94 VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    LOL@Dawid! You know, in Mohawk your name would be spelled Tawit but pronounced Dawid!

Mine is also an easy one, Al is my husband, I am Tree and we were married in '94. So this summer we will have been married 13 Lucky years! (and he better not forget it, either)!!!! LOL!

Posted By Altree94 | Jan 15, 2007

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha....well, for me...

mangodroplet. hmm.

well, at the time...i was looking for something cute, and I like mangoes. I was thinking...about morning dew, and droplets of water on the grass.
    and how yummy and nice it would be to have mango water droplets :]

haha i'm an odd child :D
    and i was somewhat hungry for something exotic and sweet ;D
  5. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    haha! Very nice MANGO - I was wondering what your nicname is about!
    OK = nice!

Jacquii.

Jeez Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well.... when teaseing
    others

they would say Oh
    geez to me when
    joken around.

' just put the J in
    place of the g....

cause of my name
    Jen.

:curtsey:

Posted By Jeez | Mar 2, 2007

mariahenriques New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me and my name

Well I like to use my real name -- Guess its more easy for me to recognise myself lol or maybe im to lazy to think about a nickname, so here I am --Maria Henriques at your service and so glad to be part of this forum:bravo:
  6. Depressed

butchiesmom JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Wow! I thought I had posted in this one, but apparently not, lol.
    Anyway, I had a dog named Butchie, chihuahua, rat terrier and pekingnese mix. He went to live with Pappy and Grammy when my husband and I had a motorcycle accident, 10-1-2005 and stayed when Pappy fell in love with him. Pappy passed away last Feb, but he's now Grammy's little boy and she calls him Boo (why, I have no idea! I called him Louie, long story...).
    So Butchie thought he was human and I was his mom, thus I was Butchiesmom.
    hugs,
    Gail
  7. Lurking

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    Hey JEN, MARIA & GAIL - great stories LOL - I so thought BUTCHIESMOM was because your son or daughter's (God forbid :wow: ) name was Butchie LOL

Thanx YAWL for posting in this thread - I feel like doing the NBC soundover thing and say "The more you know..." in an excited voice :p

Jacquii.

KayaOtah happy as ever

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    mine is quite strange, my real name is Kyanta, but alot of people don't know how to pronounce it properly, so some call me guitar, honda, quanta, lil monk (i'm bald last time), si ma kuang, naga (my chinese name got 'dragon'), kaya, kenta, and alot more, 2 years back I love to sing the song calcutta taxi, and it goes something like kala kala kutta kutta, so somehow they nick me KayaOtah, Kaya Kaya Otah Otah... and I got used to it... *smiles*

Posted By KayaOtah | Mar 22, 2007

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    haha
    don't they say Coyote? :]
    haha.
    nice nickname!
    :]

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?