Welcome to JPiC Forum For Writers! Please log in or sign up to interact with our Community.
  1. Welcome!

Hello Guest | Welcome To Jacquii's Poetry in Color Forum

JPiC Forum for Writers is an online community exclusively dedicated to the share of poetry and writing. As a continuing work-in-progress, our poetry forums host a melange of writing with new additions being posted daily. We encourage you to right now and come join us in our celebration of diversity with the typed word!

1. Cool

nomadicrhymer JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I love to rhyme AND I love to travel...wish I could be a real gypsy nomad and travel backpacking around the world! THEN I went and had kids!.....SO...LOL! I'm homebound for a few mo yeehs, then I'm off!! Who's coming with????

Nomadicrhymer

Closet_Writer Pro-Ninja

Message Count:
    The most boring state where the 's' is silent, dan
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mine has a double meaning. Yay!

First of all... I write in my closet. I set up a little desk and chair in there and I sit in there with a candle and write. Therefore, the Closet Writer..

But not many people know that I write at all.. so another meaning to it all.

Hurrah!

P.S. I like reading about all of your screen names even if I don't know any of you ^.^

Sally Roberts Forestdawn

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Forestdawn

Frosty mornings
    dewy leaves,
    Solar rays
    slice through
    the trees.
    Gentle fog
    floats slowly on,
    Illumitating
    Forest lawn.

Simple beauties
    rare from birth,
    Mother Nature
    mother earth.
    Forest scents
    of cedar fronds,
    Woodland creatures
    Forestfawns.

Streams
    of sunbeams
    fill the air,
    Rainbow colors
    beauty rare,
    Fluffy clouds
    float slowly on,
    Frosty mornings
    Forestdawn.

mariahenriques New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!
    Thanks and wow i kinda like this thread -- its a nice way of meeting our friends of the forum --lots of great imagination on nicks and stories --just love that!

Best to all here!
    :welldone:

2. Lurking

MsJacquiiC Poetica Magnifique

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +134 / 1 / -0
    LOL - nice... I like the Nomadicrhymer much better than BackpackingBard...
    Nice one MS N ;)

tehehehe - I actually thought you were a Lesbian (hasn't quite come out...) and Writing on the sly... That would be cool too - but I really like the writing by candlelight image. Nice nic :)

:wow: How nice is that!?!!!!! Great description = Fabulous answer to " Your Member Name: ?? where did it come from ??" Very nice - I enjoy the poem as well - Think I may start its own thread.

I agree - that's one of the reasons this thread exists ;)
    Glad you're enjoying JPiC MARIA!
    -----------------------
    -----------------------

Thanx you ALL for posting - Nice replies!

Jacquii.

Posted By MsJacquiiC | Apr 3, 2007
  3. Artistic

Mysty JPiC Premium VIP Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    My nickname Mysty comes from my online name Dismyst.. if you sound it out .... Dismissed. Then You get the idea .... All my life, being 2nd eldest of six kids.... well I was the second Mom when my mother was too busy ... I was the experiment upon which all rules were established ... and broken because they were not used on my brothers nor my sisters. Hence I took classes I was told to take. Business Education, Marketting, Typing... I am thankful for the typing but .... the rest bore me to tears. I wanted to take music and writing and band and drama. My father always said..... "You do sing great honey but you need a gimmick to make it in the real world." "You do act great honey but you need a gimmick to make it in the real world." And so on.... I begged for piano lessons from the time I was a little little girl till I was old enough to understand "Maybe" meant no in my family. Funnily enough I discovered I could pick tunes out on the piano by ear when I was in grade 11. By ear I mean I can hear it then tinker it out on the piano. I don't use my ears to play lol. To this day I have still not had any piano lessons. I do not sing for anyone but myself anymore. I AM good.. have a wide range of tone and style. And yes I can act. But all for nought. So I rebel and I write....and I use the name Dismyst...because it is how all my wishes and dreams have gone by the wayside of my life.

I am happy of a sort now in my middle age though..... I do what I want when I want. And my only dream now is to write....... and share it. Dismyst became Mysty after a fashion online in playing games.

~Mysty~

Posted By Mysty | Apr 8, 2007

mariahenriques New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah lool yes-MsJacquiiC--thats right

--about my name well, it has lots of meanings related with several topics --Henriques= "son of Henrique" --wich is true because Henrique its my father s name :) but also related with Jewish Sephardic names , later transformed in Christian names because of the religion orders influences etc --as for Maria it has everything to do with the latin meaning "star of the sea" "mare" etc but it has so many other meanings that sometimes I think it is almost impossible to stop, so guess ill stop for now :)

Love to all here,

Maria
    :sign_back2topic:

¤Me¤ New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My name..eh, too many meanings i guess.
    ME means US in finnish. That is because i was too afraid to write any poetry anywhere, anywhere out of m room and notebooks. Then i met someone. Someone who made me brave enough to step away from my room and show myself to the other world.
    ME is also short for a saying in finnish. It means a lost life. That is because the person i told of just above, died only a few years ago.
    And the last reason is, i am ME, and i couldnt think of anything else :p

Posted By ¤Me¤ | May 4, 2007

Visionary Visionary

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    People have told me I am always ahead of the times, thus visionary. I recently am into mystic poets and think their work is somewhat visionary in that they seem so get their mental visions for their works from somewhere other than the ordinary.

Posted By Visionary | May 4, 2007

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Me...

I am thankful for that person who got you to show yourself, your writing self.
    Keep writing, and It's amazing to now know what your name is all about.

Thanks!

¤Me¤ New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Nice to know about your name aswell. I was starting to wonder what it was about, and hadnt noticed this thread at all :p

Posted By ¤Me¤ | May 6, 2007

deep_poet86 Endless Rewind

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My name is quite simple, and is the same username for my email acctually. I was not sure what to use for a username here... And the name is true to me.

I am a deep poet, I write about my own personal experiences, and other ones made up in my mind to fit a poem, and fit in with real world and human issues. It fits for that reason, and its easy for me to remember.

Poetic*Freedom New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    well..
    ...I guess my name has a few meanings to it:
    * I am free to write..poetry of my choice!
    *I feel "free" through my poetry- it is a type of escape for me at times
    *I had just bought the movie "poetic justice" a few weeks before
    * and...I guess that it!..lol

mangodroplet Blue Mango Puppy :]

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice!
    Nice names everyone!
    :wub:!

Aste Intellectual Teen

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    [IMG]
    Aste orginaly came from the word Aster which is said to be one of the most dangerous streets in our city. (It's scary fool. My friend not only got beat up there countless times and duct-taped to an electrical box but he has giant horrific scars on his back from a pot dealer trying to sell him pot even though he didn't want any nor did he have any money.)Also, I sometimes use the Alias Aster Risk which obviously come from *Asterisk*.

But Honestly my name was going to be Asterel but i just got too lazy to type out anything longer than a four letter word and that fact that my username is a four letter word is symbolic in it's self.
    [IMG]

Posted By Aste | Jul 11, 2007

Phonoho Honest Critic

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I collect phonographs and tikis. To me, Phonoho sounds like the name if a phonograph collecting tiki god. Voila!

Posted By Phonoho | Jul 12, 2007

calash New Member

Message Count:
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Calash is the name I gave to one of the characters in my stories. He is a unknown, existing outside the bounds of good and evil while seeking to destroy them. A creature of 1000 lives thrown away by the eternal conflict of light and dark.

He is a particularly nasty guy at times, yet capable of mercy when it suits him...one of those characters that just sticks in your mind even when you are not writing :)

When it came time for me to pick a user name, that was my choice...been using it ever since.

Posted By calash | Jul 27, 2007

imansgodmom10 New Member

Message Count:
    Jacksonville, Florida-w/14 yo daughter, 2 dogs, 1
    Home page:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    imansgodmom10

My goddaughter, who is now legally my foster daughter, is named Iman - whole name Iman Brianna - she goes by Brianna and "we" call her Bree. :hahaha-fun:

(At the time I registered this name as my email address with Yahoo she was ten, so that's where the 10 comes from!)

SarahNSH New Member

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well, I've always loved my first real name, Sarah, and I am awful with coming up with usernames for myself. I feel too weird someone calling me anything besides my real name so I just decided to keep it and add a nice little thing at the end. NSH stands for National Show Horse, which is what my horse is. So, put that together with my real name and there ya go!

Posted By SarahNSH | Apr 26, 2008

zaac Banned

Message Count:
    Books:
    Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    mine comes from my middle name which is isaac...zaac for short...sorry no romanticized story here. its just me

david

Posted By zaac | Apr 26, 2008

We hope you're enjoying our forum!

Only registered Members have access to posting priviledges. Registration here is 100% FREE. Use the button below to begin registration or the form on the right to login to your account.

Forgot your password?